Remember the colored rice I put the tutorial up for yesterday? Well this easy craft is just one of many that you can use the colored rice for. Not only does the colored rice make these I Spy bottles more fun, it also makes it a little more difficult to spot the hidden objects for older children. My 10 year old insisted that his penny must have fallen out after several minutes of looking, until I spotted it for him. This really is a fun craft for kids and can keep them busy in lines or waiting rooms too!
- Empty plastic bottles
- Colored rice
- Small objects to spy in the bottles
- Measuring cup
- Super glue (optional if you want to glue the lid on when finished.)
Use the measuring cup and funnel to place different colors of rice into the bottle.
Leave several inches of empty space at the top of the bottle or the rice and objects will not be able to move around freely.
Place all of the objects you want to be able to spy in the bottle.
Shake the bottle well to mix the colored rice and hide the objects. Enjoy finding the objects that have been hidden in the I Spy bottles.
- Don’t forget to leave room at the top of your bottle.
- You can choose to super glue the top on when you are done to avoid a mess or choking hazard for younger children.
- Check the clearance section of your local craft store for different objects to put in the bottles.
- You can print out a list of items in the bottle and tape it to it if you want, or just have fun seeking on your own.